Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A team member's perspective


Well, we have now been home for just under 24 hours, and coming home to family has never felt so wonderful! I praise God for His guiding hand and providential care. I thank Him for all He has done through and in us whilst we have been in Ghana. It was never our work....it was always His.

Many thanks to all who have been praying for us and supporting us. I know your prayers have been heard and answered, and I consider it the greatest privilege to have been part of the team that went 'to the ends of the world' (see Acts 1:8) this past 2 weeks. To God be the glory!

I am sure that there will be many posts on this blog during the next few weeks, and I really want to encourage you to keep checking back regularly to read about all that has gone on in Ghana. It has been amazing, and at times we have been quite simply overwhelmed to see the visible hand of God at work! It has been both awe-inspiring and humbling to have been able to speak to groups of men who have NEVER heard about Jesus Christ. Because of your prayers and support, MANY people have heard about salvation through Jesus Christ for the very first time! How amazing is that?

I also have to make a very public thanks to our team leader Cheryl Read. Cheryl is one of the most self-sacrificial women I have ever met, and has a zeal and love for the Lord that is both infectious and also inspiring. She led the group with a clear vision of the plan that God had set before her, and it has been a great privilege to have been part of the team working with her in Ghana. Her ability to put up with us, lead us and help to bring out the best in Christ through us was wonderful! Thank you Cheryl!

My thanks also go to all team members, each of whom put their all (110%) into the mission. It has been an honor (in Christ) to have served our risen Lord by your side. I pray and hope we can all continue our work in Him, and together impact the lost for the Kingdom of Heaven.

"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:10-11

Martin Jones

3 comments:

Cheryl Read said...

Martin, you have spoken well regarding the heartbeat of this mission and of this team. From the beginning, the team's desire was to simply trust and obey. May we continue to do so in the days and weeks to come. Thank you Martin, for your example of trusting and obeying.

Cheryl Read said...

May I also add that we especially enjoyed your renditions of American country and western songs whilst riding in the van, packed beyond capacity. Were you aware that you were singing aloud while having your headphones in?

Anonymous said...

Praise God that you all returned well and safe. We are continuing to pray for y'all God Bless ( Martins Mum)