Friday, June 20, 2008

Arrival in Accra, Ghana

Safe arrival for the Baker's Dozen, also known as the Ghana Mission team, in the capital city of Accra, Ghana!

Good news is that everyone is well and personal belongings also arrived. Things are going according to plan with Francis and Cecelia Osei, along with Pastor Mohammed, meeting the team at the airport and getting everyone to the hotel.

Of the 13 boxes being shipped, 3 did not make the transfer in London. British Airways assured us that they will send the boxes on to the northern region in the next day or two. Please pray that the boxes are located and do indeed catch up to the team. They contain teachings supplies for use with the children in the school.

Saturday morning (which is around 1am in Texas), the team boards another plane for the final destination, Tamale.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were praying for a miracle and God has honoured that with ten bags getting through terminal 5. Never known before!! The other three are to see how patient y'all are. We are all with you. May the Lord bless your work.
Marsh 5 - UK

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you all. Our class at church is as well. I am so glad to hear you made it with all you personal stuff. Like I said, I am praying for you. This morning I asked God to tell me what I needed to say to you because I wanted to write to you so badly. He reminded me that I didn't read my devotional yesterday. So, I went to that. This is what the title was--Risks in Faith: Where God Guides, God Provides. The verse is "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19 (NIV) Pretty cool, huh?
Love you! {{Hugs}}
Mrs. Norlie

GMoreau said...

I am praying for all of you. I am proud of you all - especially for Gabby and Ashley for selling all those burritos to get there. Thank you for your faithfulness to God.

Your Brother in Christ, Mr. Gary

Anonymous said...

Keep on keeping on! Our God is able to do abundantly more than we can imagine! I'm excited to follow you on this journey - I teach with Pat and Peggy Ozment's daughter, Cheryl. Many prayers are going up from Thomasville, Alabama!