Thursday, June 19, 2008

We're Off to Ghana!



After much preparation and anticipation, we're finally off to Ghana. There are not enough words to express our appreciation for your words of encouragement and prayers. As I write, we are sitting at the airport, waiting to board. Everyone is excited and ready for this great adventure with God. We know we are in your hearts and prayers as much as you are in ours.


I think God wanted us teach us patience right off because not long after getting to our gate for the 2 hr wait, a very loud, annoying alarm began going off. It was more like a siren. The kids are happy because located right beside our gate is a candy store. They are now well stocked with gummies, sour patch, chocolate and jelly beans.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you all and I'm privileged to be sharing your journey via the blog. As you approach London, I hope you feel the power of our family and friends praying for you all over the UK...
Fiona x

Anne Mateer said...

I know you are on the plane to Ghana now. Hope London was fun. Our prayer for you today is REST before you arrive!!

D'Ann

Nora said...

I hear the weather is chilly in London today! Our thoughts and prayers continue as you advance in your mission. God bless!

Nora

Anonymous said...

Psalm 27:13-14 "I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong, and let your heart take courage: Yes, wait for the LORD."

Your Prayer calendar is ministering to me as I pray for you all. Praying that your journey is safe, smooth and the witnessing fruitful.

Love,
Lou Jean

Anonymous said...

Lake Cities Community Church is praying for you all. We anticipate God working mightily!

Pastor Craig

Unknown said...

I am praying that God will use each one of you mightily. The calendar is great to have and know your daily schedule. It is good to have the names of the teams and lift each one up to God. Thanks for the blog. elaine, Stephanie's grandmother.